This shoe eats the hard miles for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The two-arrow (8mm heel to toe stack) race ultra™ offers optimal cushioning and comfort for the long-distance athlete, without the loss of proprioception. A new flatter outsole ensures a stable ride when fatigue sets in. Clip a new light weight dust / debris gaiter onto inov-8’s unique on-the-shoe attachment system to ensure all debris is kept at bay. The addition of an X-STATIC® footbed, means that the bacteria which feed on human sweat and cause foot odours is kept at bay.
- Upper: The updated high performance upper made of a new denser three dimensional quick drying mesh that delivers superior durability and breathability.
- Footbed: Comfortable and interchangeable, the new X-Static X2 footbed contains micro holes to aid in releasing water in wet conditions along side highly effective bacteria control.
- TriC Sticky rubber: A carefully blended combination of three different rubbers make up the RaceUltra sole, firm, medium sticky and soft sticky rubber, all specifically located to deliver traction and Grip over mixed terrain while specialising in hard compact earth over long distances.
- Meta-Flex™ insert delivers a controlled but natural forefoot flex.
- Met-Cradle™ lacing cradles the forefoot behind the metatarsal heads to provide a secure foot hold while running up or down hill.
- TerraDaptor™ The heel includes the Terradapt system to allow a controlled level of flex to the runner while not collapsing when form starts to fade at the latter stages of long runs.
- Gaiter Attachment: An all new upper deisgn incorporates gaiter pockets to the ankle area allowing a low profile Race Ultra Gaiter to be clipped in with no fuss or extra weight.
- Weight: 290gm (approx)
- Stack: 18mm Heel / 10mm Forefoot
- Drop: 8mm
- Midsole: Injected EVA
- Footbed: 6mm X-Static X2
- Cleat depth: 4mm