Our latest edition trail running shoe designed for the female ultra distance athlete. The TrailTalon 290 eats the hard miles for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The two-arrow (8mm heel to toe stack) TrailTalon™ offers optimal cushioning and comfort for the long-distance athlete, without the loss of proprioception. A new flatter outsole ensures a stable ride when fatigue sets in. Clip a new light weight gaiter onto inov-8’s unique on-the-shoe attachment system to ensure all debris is kept at bay.
The 290 offers a high performance, long distance specialist trail shoe with high levels of protection for the developing trail runner or as a cushioned option for ultra distance trail running / training. Inov-8’s ground breaking Tri-C™ compound outsole of three different rubber compounds (Soft Sticky, Hard sticky and Endurance) offers industry leading grip and durability, while the third generation ensures natural movement with additional rock protection. Choose this shoe for a protective, natural trail running experience mile after mile after mile.
- Upper: The updated high performance upper made of a new denser and softer three dimensional quick drying mesh that delivers superior durability and breathability.
- Footbed: Comfortable and interchangeable, the new 6mm PowerFootbed™ innersole offers a plush ride from the first step.
- TriC Sticky rubber: A carefully blended combination of three different rubbers make up the RaceUltra sole, firm, medium sticky and soft sticky rubber, all specifically located to deliver traction and Grip over mixed terrain while specialising in hard compact earth over long distances.
- Meta-Flex™ insert delivers a controlled but natural forefoot flex.
- Met-Cradle™ lacing cradles the forefoot behind the metatarsal heads to provide a secure foot hold while running up or down hill.
- TerraDaptor™ The heel includes the Terradapt system to allow a controlled level of flex to the runner while not collapsing when form starts to fade at the latter stages of long runs.
- Gaiter Attachment: An all new upper deisgn incorporates gaiter pockets to the ankle area allowing a low profile Gaiter to be clipped in with no fuss or extra weight.
- Weight: 290gm (approx)
- Stack: 19mm Heel / 11mm Forefoot
- Drop: 8mm
- Midsole: Two Layer PowerFlow Injected EVA (Soft and Firm)
- Shank: DFB (Dynamic Fascia Band)
- Footbed: 6mm
- Cleat depth: 4mm