Re-invention at it’s finest, the new TRAILROC V2 has undergone a complete redesign and is now back in Inov-8’s trail running range for 2017. More protection, more support, more comfort, greater energy return and improved grip. The new men’s TRAILROC 270 is now better equipped to deal with all hard-packed trails around the world, no matter how rocky. Perfect for running fast and light, the men’s TRAILROC™ 270 offers light weight yet durable protection, support and comfort over hard and rocky trails. Supreme grip and all-over protection combined with a next Generation PowerFlow+ EVA cushioned mid-sole and durable upper, deliver the ultimate shoe for stripped back racing on typical Australian trails.
- Durable synthetic mesh upper including TPU overlays for extra protection on high wear zones
- Padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Very Breathable mesh lining to prevent overheating
- Molded, 6mm footbed supplies light underfoot comfort
- (D) Fit, A “Middle of the road” fit ensuring the shoe allows for toe splay while running and a good option for those with a normal to a slightly wider forefoot
- TriC Sole: a carefully considered combination of three rubber compounds for maximum durability and grip on all hard rocky terrain.
- Effective yet flexible stone protection utilising the new 5th Gen Metashank.
- Weight: 270gm (average)
- Cushion: Heel 10mm / Forefoot 6mm (cushioning only)
- Drop: 4mm (One Arrow)
- Midsole: Injected PowerFlow+ EVA
- Shank: 5th Gen Metashank
- Lug depth: 4mm
- Footbed: 6mm
We're passionate about the technology behind our products and want to ensure you get the most out every mile you run or minute you train. Here's a breakdown of how this product is put together.
Years before anyone else, inov-8 pioneered the ‘Arrow System’, reducing differential from heel-to-toe, helping athletes improve their own performance.
Inov-8 products start at 3 Arrows. You can start wherever you like. 3 Arrows gives the biggest heel-to-toe drop in the inov-8 range, about half of that found in overly cushioned, structured shoes. As you drop arrows you tend to drop weight and cushioning, you tend to gain proprioception and speed. Reach Zero for a pure performance shoe – lightweight, stripped-back and fast. Dominate-the-race kind of fast.
Athletes not yet conditioned for natural running choose 3 Arrows. The same goes for those wanting a shoe for long endurance sessions, although we do tailor our products to each terrain. If you’re introducing stripped back shoes into shorter sessions choose 2 or 1 Arrows to ease your progress.
Based on the shape of the foot, this is our most natural fit.
More room in the toe box allows the toes to spread.
Our high performance rubber combination of Hard, Medium and Soft .
Highly durable, very grippy, perfect for hard rocky terrain.
The Meta-Flex™ is a groove in the forefoot that provides a natural flex point in the shoe, allowing the forefoot to function naturally with each step.
META-SHANK™ Generation 5
5-finger polymer Meta-Shank™ aligns with each individual metatarsal for increased benefit from the ‘Windlass Effect’, whilst retaining underfoot stone protection and flexibility.