Barefootinc is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Barefootinc may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20/12/2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address, contact number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Send Email Marketing Materials
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
MailChimp is a third party that we use to securely send email newsletters to individuals who have provided there contact information and have given permission to be contacted via email.
All personal information is collected and stored according to MailChimp’s own terms and conditions please see below for more information from MailChimp regarding their datya collection policy:
- List and Campaign Information: When you upload or create an email distribution list or put together an Email Campaign with MailChimp, we have access to the data on your list and the information in your campaign.
- Other Information We Receive and Store: When you register to use MailChimp, we store “cookies,” which are strings of code, on your computer. We also use electronic images known as Web beacons. With those cookies, we are aware of and collect information concerning when you visit our Website, when you use MailChimp, your browser type and version, your operating system and platform and other similar information. With Web beacons, we can determine when you open email we send you, and collect other data. You may turn off all cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser on how to block cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, if you block our cookies it will be more difficult, and maybe impossible, to use the Services.
- Tracking Our Emails to Our Customers: When we send emails to our own registered MailChimp customers, we’ll sometimes track who opened the emails and who went so far as to click on any of the hyperlinks. We do this to measure the performance of our Email Campaigns, and to improve our offerings to specific customer segments.
- Information From Other Sources: We may obtain additional information about you by using your email address, or other information, to directly, or through one or more services, search over the internet, or elsewhere. We thereby obtain information that appears to be related to such email address or other information, such as a name, age and participation in social media websites, (such information being referred to herein as “Supplemental Member Information”).
Some of our web pages utilise “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about web site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a web user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Barefoot International Pty Ltd
19 Wallace Street
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.