Super light, breathable, yet fully waterproof.
Stay dry, go fast with the new Race Elite StormShell HZ, you’ll be ready whatever happens and at only 150g you won’t know it’s there, until you need it. While only slightly heavier than our ultra light Race Ultra Shell, the StormShell is build for regular use out on the mountain with it’s Nylon ripstop outer. The 20k / 20k waterproof rating ensures complete weather protection no mater how heavy the rain fall.
Weight: 150g (M)
Materials: 100% Nylon ripstop face; PU laminate with full tape sealed seams
• 2.5-Layer Waterproof fabric with an outstanding 20,000 HH and 20,000 B-1 Breathability
• Half length water-resistant front zip with internal storm flap and locking zip head
• Roll-away hood with wired peak and single hand adjustment
• Water-resistant chest pocket zip with fully taped pocket bag
• Unique no-ride-up hem adjustment
• Lycra bound cuffs with integrated thumb loop
• Multi-angle reflective detailing
• Includes stuffsac
Special Note: Running with Waterproof garments.
It is important to note that while the Stormshell is rated as 100% waterproof and has excellent breathability, under high exertion the jacket..and any other breathable waterproof jacket from any brand may not be able to remove your bodies sweat as fast as you’re producing it. In the same way that running in a t-shirt the t-shirt will eventually wet out putting a jacket on does not change this, so while the jacket will stop water getting in you may feel wet due to your body producing sweat.
Ideal conditions for breathable rainwear: Waterproof fabrics from any brand perform best in very cold conditions, in areas of snow and ice the cold will “pull” your bodies vapour out through the jacket as you body heats up pushing heat away. In weather conditions where the temperature is mild to warm this capillary action does not work as effectively.